Saturday, February 16, 2013

Strawberry-Lime Heart Cakes

I was trying to come up with something to give to my Sunday school class for Valentine's Day.  I knew 1st and 2nd graders would like cupcakes but I wanted something with a different twist. With ingredients I had in my pantry I came up with this one.  These came out a pretty pink color and the lime added a slight tangy flavor.  Hope you enjoy it.

Strawberry-Lime Heart Cakes with Lime Glaze

1 box white cake mix with pudding in the mix
small box of sugar free strawberry jello
3 large eggs
1/3 cup of canola oil
1/3 cup of lime juice
1 cup of milk or water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together.  Spray heart shaped silicone muffin pans with baking spray.  Pour 1/4 cup of cake mixture in each well.  Bake 15 - 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove from oven after cake tester inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Invert onto wire rack to cool.

Glaze

4 cups confectioners sugar
4 Tbs. lime juice
lime zest to taste (optional)

Stir ingredients together until smooth and dip cakes in while slightly warm.

Yields 26 heart shaped cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment